Monday, March 3, 2014

CT Tutorial - Allure


**This tutorial was written using Photoshop CC. I believe the instructions should work with various other versions, but they are not tested on any other version.  This tutorial is my own creation.  Any similarity to any other tutorial is not done purposely or knowingly (aside from the fact that the process is pretty similar in most tutorials).  If you do not know how to do some of the things I mention here (like mirroring an image, adding a drop shadow, resizing elements, etc.), check out my “Tips and Tricks” tutorial. **

Supplies:
Kit- “Cherry Blossom” FTU Exclusive Scrap Kit by Lexi - You need to like her page to download kit HERE
Tube - Allure by Ishika Chowdhury.  You can purchase the tube exclusively at Mystical Scraps.
Template – Welcome Spring! by TwyztedT’s Playroom which can be downloaded from her blog.

Abbreviations:
DS – Drop Shadow

Settings I use:
DS Settings - Blend Mode set to Multiply, Opacity set to 75%, Angle set to 58 degrees, Distance 5, Spread 0, Size 5

Ready…..Set….Tag!
Open up the PSD file for the template.  This will be referred to as the working canvas in my directions when switching between canvases.

When working with a template, the first thing I do is figure out if I am going to cover the layers with papers or styles and then apply all of them from the bottom up.  For this template I used a clipping mask to apply papers.  (If you do not know how to use the clipping mask feature in Photoshop, you can check out my tutorial here on how to use them:  http://aevalsart.blogspot.com/2014/02/how-to-make-clipping-mask.html).

Here is what I used on this template:
  •  Delete layer 14 (credits)
  • Raster 6 – Paper 8
  • Raster 10 & 12 – Applied peach colored style
  • Raster 7 – Applied a glowing peach style
  • Copy of Raster 7 – Applies a glowing dark pink style
  • Raster 11 & Copy of Raster 11 – Paper 7
  • Raster 3 & 5 – Applied a Bevel peach style
  • Raster 2 – Paper 6
  • Raster 9 – Paper 5
  • Raster 8 – Paper 4
  • Raster 13 – Applied a gradient style matching the kit

After applying the papers and styles, I then am ready to add my tube.

Add your tube to the canvas.  Resize her so she fits in the canvas on the right side on top of all the template layers.

Switch over to the psd file containing your tube and use the Rectangular Marquee Tool to draw a box around the top part of the poser.  Copy (Ctrl + C) the selection and return to your working canvas.

On your working canvas make sure the Paper 6 layer is selected then paste (Ctrl + V) the copied selection.  Resize the selection so that the tube’s head fits in the center of the circle.  Flip it horizontally. Clip it to the paper layer.  Reposition the head until you like how it appears. 

Voila!  The focal point of your tag is now created.

Now decorate your tag with any of the spring elements from the kit.  Resize the elements as you add them to fit the proportions of your tag.  Experiment with rotating them and mirroring them for more variety.  In addition duplicate elements and use multiple times to fill in holes and add more pizzazz.  In this tutorial to indicate when I used more than one of the same element I will add (X#) by the name to indicate how many versions of the element I used. 

Here are all the elements I used from the bottom layers up (although they are sometimes in between layers of the template for better impact.
  •  Element 30 (x4)
  • Element 29 (x3)
  • Element 13
  • Element 18
  • Element 35
  • Element 10
  • Element 4
  • Element 1
  • Element 5
  • Element 8
  • Element 9 (x2)

At this point I added the background a new layer at the bottom of the layers.  I used a watercolor brush and just dabbed around the canvas to add the coral background.  You could also use a mask for your background if you’d like instead.

Add your license and copyright info to the tag.

Add name and any other text of choice.

Save as PNG and go share with all your friends!


Thank you for trying my tut! I’d love to see how your tags turn out so if you like what you made, please post a copy here or show me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment